Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Promotion!

Now if our lives weren't EXCITING enough, about a month ago Ben got some very exciting news: the Company he works for wants him in a position back at headquarters!  And where is this headquarters you ask?  In beautiful San Clemente, CA--an HOUR away from my family.  I haven't lived this close to family in 10 years, which is making this transition much, much easier because hey, I LOVED living here in Philly.

I loved my friends, the history, the culture, our apartment, EVEN the WEATHER...and that's saying something for this California girl.  I loved being able to visit New York and DC so much, flying to Europe on the cheap, and living in the best little borough a girl could ask for.  And don't even get me started about saying goodbye to my Primary kids.  I was really surprised how much it affected me, because I've never sugarcoated the calling...it was tough--but I felt like I was just getting started!  I was sick most of the summer with the pregnancy and I just started visiting the kids because I felt better. I gave myself the summer to get adjusted to the calling and get teachers in place and work a routine and now I'm leaving!  Saying goodbye on Sunday to the kids and the teachers was really, really hard for me.  They made me a book with their drawings and letters...too much, it was too much.  And really, as excited as I am for where Ben's career is taking him and to be so close to my family, we NEVER expected it this soon and it's been a little fast for me.

Last week we were gone for 10 days going to a wedding in San Fran and then down to San Clem to find an apartment.  Honestly, if I had known about this move I probably wouldn't have gone but being there for my oldest friend's most happiest day was really special to me and I'm glad I got to be there.  Plus, she looked FABULOUS!

Seriously, how fabulous???

I also got to spend some quality time with my dear In-Laws and the cutest, funniest, red-headed (and one brown haired!) nieces in the world.  And I got to have dinner with my Aunt and Uncle which was really great too, so it wasn't a bad trip.

Here is a photo of my Sister-In-Law and her family that's on my OTHER Sister-In-Law's photography website...I haven't asked permission from either of them but both their blogs are public and here are the links...so it's all good in the neighborhood, right??  Oh, Mannion! and Expressions by Lindsay 
P.S.  These girls are super adorable and totally hilarious.

Down in San Clemente we still had a little apartment magic left and found a really great apartment.  Really, it was providence, because where we live is REALLY important to me (especially now that I'm going to be home with a KID!) and I didn't put that much work into it before we flew out.  Even while we were there I wasn't feeling that well so the place we signed a lease on is actually the first place we looked at, and the more we looked, the better it seemed.  It's a very nice little unit in a triplex, a BLOCK away from the downtown strip and a half-mile from the BEACH.  There is a bus that goes right by the house that Ben can take right up to work so we can keep going with just the one car and I'll be able to walk to the shops and the LIBRARY, which is always my favorite place in the world.  We even have a GARAGE and BACKYARD.  I'm very excited about the latter because it really extends the space and we'll have room to have dinner parties out there and such.  Plus, the BABY can crawl around out there when it gets big enough.  It's a 2 bedroom, which is really hard to find and I'm really glad because we can have family come to visit!!  I'm just glad we were able to find such a great place and sign a lease in 2 days.  Phew.

Uh, this was a photo I took down the street from our place.  Yes, that is the beach.  I know, right??

So now we're back home packing and sitting down because I caught a MAJOR head cold somewhere along the way and I'm feeling pretty miserable most of the time...but at least I don't have morning sickness anymore on top of it!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news on the apartment. We are so going to be all up in your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to MISS YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH! But, I can't blame you for wanting to be next to the beach in sunny SoCal AND be next to family. It's a win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete