Thursday, October 6, 2011

After the Before, Before the After

As I've stated before, I LOVE our apartment.  We really got a steal.  I also love decorating our apartment and relishing in my current passion of interior design.  I really have my husband to thank for this.  When we got our first apartment, Ben had BIG dreams about PAINTING and INSTALLING things...and for one who had just spent the better part of the last five years in apartments where you can't even put so much as a TACK in the wall (not that this stopped me...) this was a bit overwhelming.  And then there's the money part--there's always the money part--but it was my HUSBAND who helped me see the value in making a house not just into a home, but into a really beautiful home that you are excited to live in and come home to everyday and cook in and clean in and cuddle in.  So we painted and installed and Ben let me decorate (with plenty of great ideas of his own) and I just LOVED our first little apartment.  It's amazing how much a beautifully or fun decorated apartment improves the quality of your life.  If you would like to see pictures, you can click here.  One regret from the first apartment experience was that I did NOT take before pictures.  And boy was it a dramatic change with the paint job and all.  So to rectify that, even though we are not painting, I promised myself I would take before pictures.  Of course I didn't want to just take pictures of an empty apartment...so I waited, but then I started putting pictures up and we bought a kitchen island and I realized the apartment was no longer in the before stage...hence the title.  Enjoy.






























Yes, that is my husband washing dishes.  This photo is not posed.  I am one lucky chica.


No comments:

Post a Comment