Monday, September 19, 2011

Lady Geilman of Lansdowne

I just want to take a moment and say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE our little town we moved to.  We live in a little historic town called Lansdowne just outside west philadelphia.  It makes for a not very scenic drive through west philadelphia (born and raised! at the playground...daddaadaa) into the city but I'm pretty sure that's why our rent is so good.  When you actually get to our town its very nice, but up until...not so much.  We live two blocks from the grocery store and the cutest little main street with a historic theatre and cafe...AND a farmers market EVERY saturday from Memorial Day to Halloween!  Rain or shine!

We can walk to the park down the street (or the NINE other parks here), or the library, and even the train station.  The bus stop is also across the street from our bank...and our bank is two houses down.  On my walks almost every day I get to see the COOLEST Victorian houses everywhere.

It's an artist community, so our first weekend here we attended the Lansdowne ARTS FESTIVAL.  An arts festival people.  We made stained glass.  It was fabulous.

They pick up our garbage here.  They actually come to the back of our house and pick up our garbage for us.  We have to take our recycling to the curb, but they RECYCLE for heaven's to betsy!  Recycling.

And that's just what is happening on the OUTSIDE of the apartment.  I feel like we won the apartment lottery.  Besides living on the first floor of a Victorian home ourselves, with a patio and back door and off street parking (off street parking!) we have a electronic keypad entry into the landing.  Then through our door you are greeted by a pair of FRENCH doors leading to the HUMONGOUS bedroom and a spacious living room with BAY WINDOWS and a fireplace.  A quaint bathroom off the living room with an arched doorway to the toilet and sink make me squeal inside almost every time I pee.

Our bedroom has 3 windowed walls that surround our bed and enough space at the other end for my WORKSPACE.  Ben put together this amazing desk and shelves so that I could do my creative shtuff.  Did I mention I won the marriage lottery too?  Sigh.  There's another room that is Ben's office right now but will someday be the kids room and then a cute dining room and our KITCHEN.  We have a whole room for a kitchen.  And with the IKEA island we got we have SO MUCH COUNTER SPaCe!!  And EVERY room as AT LEAST one double paned window.  All the windows are double paned.  And the ceilings are 9ft.

Did I also mention central air?  I think that alone merits the extensive use of all caps in this post, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment