Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Media Angst

A few weeks ago I was on my mid-morning walk in beautiful La Jolla, CA.  I was soaking in the gleaming sunshine, gazing at million dollar homes, and meditating on my life when I walked by a house that was up for lease and had a flock (??) of crows circling above it.  Now you might not think this is odd but my immediate thought was that there must be fresh human remains inside.  What should I do?  Should I notify the police?  The place looks empty and the garage door is opened a little, I could probably crawl inside and take a look.  But the killer could still be there--and even if this killer isn't still lingering around the crime scene, there would still be a dead body to deal with.  But their dead--and it isn't worth having to possibly deal with a killer when they are already dead and I can't help them anyway.  I probably should have taken those self defense classes in college.  Plus, I've only seen dead bodies in caskets, could I handle something that would be labeled "fresh remains"???

And then I realized I've probably been watching to many episodes of Bones.  I continued on my merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment